Select Committee on Human Rights
The Select Committee on Human Rights was established by Order of the Legislative Assembly on April 9, 2008 (Motion #374). The Committee was charged with reviewing and reporting to the Assembly its findings and recommendations regarding public opinion on legislative options for amending the Human Rights Act.
The Select Committee on Human Rights was comprised of:
Hon. Marian C. Horne Donald Inverarity Steve Cardiff
- Report of the Select Committee on Human Rights (November 2008) [1225 KB]
- Press Release, November 20, 2008 [27 KB]
- Press Release, September 18, 2008 [66 KB]
- Press Release, August 27, 2008 [61 KB]
- Public Hearing Schedule [87 KB]
- Motion establishing the Human Rights Committee [63 KB]
- Bill#102, Act to Amend the Yukon Human Rights Act [16 KB]
Bill #102 is a Private Member’s Bill that was introduced in the Yukon Legislative Assembly by Don Inverarity on April 23, 2007. The Bill received some Second Reading debate on May 23, 2007, and the debate was adjourned. The motion appointing the Select Committee on Human Rights (Motion #374) referred Bill #102 to the Select Committee. The Select Committee is seeking opinions on the Bill.
- Human Rights Act [153 KB]
In addition to holding public hearings, the Committee also received written submissions. The deadline for written submission was October 17, 2008.